Achilles Therapeutics Ltd. is a company focused on the development of the next generation of personalised immunotherapies to treat cancer. Originating from pioneering research at UCL, CRUK, and the Francis Crick Institute, the Company will use its ground-breaking immune-oncology approach to rapidly advance therapies into the clinic.
We are seeking a highly talented and creative Senior Bioinformatician to join our team and to contribute to the development of the next generation of immune-based cancer therapies.
The successful applicant will join a small team focused on the expansion and further development of an established bioinformatics pipeline for the identification of clonal variants and prediction of neo-antigens from exome-level sequence data. You will be expected to proficiently benchmark published tools as well as develop novel approaches to the analysis and interpretation of exome sequencing data. You will also design, implement, and apply statistical techniques to analyse and integrate large datasets and work in close collaboration with biologists and clinicians to interpret your analysis results.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a leading team of scientists with an international reputation for excellence in immune-oncology research and to become a key contributor to an exciting project destined to change the course of cancer patient management in the clinic.
This position requires:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or equivalent and a strong publication record
- A solid understanding of cancer biology and/or immunology
- Practical experience of analysing DNAseq data and a broad knowledge of common tools and algorithms
- Fluent programming skills in R/Bioconductor, Python or Perl
In addition to the above, the following skills/experiences are desirable:
- Practical experience of in silico neo-antigen detection methods
- Prior experience analysing RNAseq data
- Familiarity with software development, version control, and collaboration tools
Successful candidates will also possess good communication skills, a desire to work in a dynamic fast paced team environment and an ability to manage multiple, concurrent initiatives.
This is a permanent position, based in London, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to: