About Achilles Therapeutics:
Achilles is a biopharmaceutical company, focused on the development of next generation patient specific therapies that harness the immune system to destroy cancer cells. Achilles has strong financial backing with the ambition to become a leader in immunology therapies for the treatment of cancer patients.
Achilles Therapeutics brings together four scientific Founders with world leading expertise in the understanding of cancer evolution, bioinformatics and the development of immunotherapies. We are currently scaling up our in-house capabilities in development, manufacturing and clinical development.
We are building a leading biotechnology company with the ambition to be a leader of a revolution in medicine in which life-threatening diseases are treated by a patient’s own cells. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-moving, innovative company that’s going places, and to make a real impact from early on.
Achilles was founded in May 2016 by Syncona Limited with the Cancer Research Technology Pioneer Fund and the UCL Technology Fund Established in 2012. Syncona was originally founded by the Wellcome Trust, which remains a significant shareholder in the business.
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic and motivated GMP production scientist with experience in the field of Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products (ATMPs) to join our growing multi-disciplinary team, and support the development of a next generation personalised cancer medicines. As a GMP production scientist you will support the technology transfer, validation and clinical production of Achilles Therapeutics ATMP pipeline and work closely with the product development team to support process engineering activities.
- Supporting GMP activity for the manufacture of ATMPs to facilitate technology transfer, process validation, equipment validation and qualification, stability studies and materials management.
- Support process engineering activity in closed system cell culture and identifying and implementing procedures in accordance with GMP and regulatory standards.
- Support continued development and in-process improvement activity to streamline process operations and optimisation of manufacturing methods
- To assist in the preparation and review of GMP documentation including BMRs, SOPs, Change Control, user requirement specifications, process deviations, and risk assessments to ensure the highest levels of controls and traceability
- Perform ATMP manufacturing for clinical trials and ensure all manufacturing activities are undertaken in accordance with production requirements and GMP regulatory and quality standards.
- Assist in coordination of production scheduling activity, labelling, packaging and distribution of starting materials, raw materials and final drug product
- To coordinate activities with QC to ensure appropriate and timely sampling and testing of raw materials, in-process samples and finished product.
- Be accountable to the head of production for all production operations.
- 3 years’ experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GCLP/GMP)
- Experience in human cell isolation, and cell and tissue culture in a GMP compliant environment
- Experience of working in a Grade B cleanroom production environment
- ATMP Process development experience
- Understanding of GMP, ATMP, and EUTCD regulations
- Have excellent planning and organisational and time management skills
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc or MSc in Biological Science discipline
Successful candidates will also possess excellent communication skills and be highly organised with a desire to solve challenging scientific questions whilst working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
This is a permanent position, based in North London, with a competitive salary and benefits package to match experience.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Dr Edward Samuel