About Achilles Therapeutics:
Achilles Therapeutics Ltd. is an exciting new start-up focused on the development of the next generation of personalised immunotherapies to treat cancer. Originating from pioneering research at UCL, CRUK, and the Francis Crick Institute, the Company will use its ground breaking neoantigen driven immune-oncology approach to rapidly advance transformational therapies into the clinic. The Company has been established with significant funding from leading venture capital firms.
We are seeking a scientist with experience working in a GCLP laboratory environment to join our growing company and support the development of a next generation personalised cancer medicine. As GCLP Scientist at Achilles Therapeutics, you will report directly to the Translational Science team, and work closely with other members of the team to carry out clinical trial immune monitoring assays for follow-up of clinical trials at Achilles Therapeutics.
The successful candidate will have a role in sample receipt and processing, carrying out flow cytometry assays, and coordinating shipping of samples to external sites and vendors. They will have good knowledge of flow cytometry sample preparation and analysis, and experience of working in a GCLP-accredited laboratory or in accordance with GCLP guidelines. In the first instance, the role will also include providing support for the quality control team.
If you want to be a part of a well-funded, exciting new start-up, and enjoy contributing to development of products which will transform the clinical management of cancer, then this is the role for you.
– Receive and process clinical trial patient samples
– Carry out flow cytometry assays including cytometry bead array and intracellular cytokine staining
– Complete all relevant documentation under GCLP guidelines
– Prepare and ship samples to external vendors and other Achilles sites
– Process other samples as required
– Maintain laboratory equipment as required
– Follow established SOPs
– Enter sample and analysis data into the Clinical Trial database
– Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
– Support the QC team as required
– Undergraduate degree in a biological subject
– 3+ years hands-on laboratory experience
– Experience in handling of biological samples
– Maintaining good sample inventory
– Isolation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from whole blood
– Performing ELISPOT assays for cytokine detection
– Prepare and maintain short-term cultures for use in immunological assays
– Proficiency with MS Office
– Excellent planning and organisational and time management skills
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Self-motivated with strong initiative and drive
– Master’s degree in a relevant subject
– Experience working in a GCLP-accredited laboratory
– Knowledge of cancer biology and/or immunology
This is a permanent position based in London, with a competitive salary and benefits package to match seniority and experience. The company has laboratories in London and Stevenage UK.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to: